The 8 Dimensions of Leadership is a powerful approach to 360. Take our free online 360 assessment and receive a document that points you to specific chapters in the book, available to you. This assessment harnesses the powerful third generation DiSC® model of human behaviour—one of the most widely used, scientifically-based approaches to assessing personality and improving interpersonal skills..
- Nobody is really prepared to be a leader. Many leaders never planned on becoming one; it was simply the next step in their careers. That's why there are so many books on leadership. So do we really need another one? The short answer is yes.
- Too many leadership books have too narrow a view, telling you to focus on your particular strengths. Your strengths only tell part of the story. What you really need is the big picture: a broad perspective on all of the behaviours needed to be an effective leader.
- Based on the DiSC personality assessment—one of the most trusted, most widely used, and most scientifically validated tools available--The 8 Dimensions of Leadership identifies eight individual leadership styles and why they're important.
- The 8 Dimensions of Leadership contains an access code to a short online DiSC assessment. Your DiSC Assessment Map will tell you if you're a Pioneering, Energising, Affirming, Inclusive, Humble, Deliberate, Resolute, or Commanding leader. You'll understand the psychological drivers, motivations, and "blind spots" characteristic of your primary leadership dimension.
- But no one style will take you all the way. For instance, a Humble leader may have a hard time making tough decisions, and a Commanding leader may dictate to people who could otherwise potentially be allies.